College Application Workshops
Open to all motivated high school students who are seeking expert assistance with preparing for the college search and application process! Register before July 15th!
Rising Sophomore = Entering 10th grade
Rising Junior = Entering 11th grade
Rising Senior = Entering 12th grade
The workshops are for students who would like to get a head start on the college application process before classes, assignments, athletics, and extracurriculars begin.
We promise our workshop attendees will gain a much better understanding of these items:
- Conducting a college search (Where to begin, what to consider, and what is “fit?”)
- Identifying key academic supports (both inside and outside of the classroom)
- The Common Application components
- Institution specific applications
- The college essay (Prompt selection, brainstorming and revisions)
- Supplemental questions (You mean I have to write multiple essays?!)
- Getting the most out of a campus visit
- Transcript requests
- Letter of recommendation requests (Who, how and when to ask)
- Creating a timeline for the fall semester to stay on track with deadlines and requirements
- …and much more!
Who should attend: Students entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade, home-schooled students, gap year participants or recent graduates entering college for the first time.
Workshop details: Space is limited to 15 participants for each workshop. The cost per student varies depending on the workshop.
Camp College is $200/student
Min. 4 students | Max. 15 students
Applicable to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
Session Dates: Monday, August 1st & Tuesday, August 2nd 10:30 am – 4:30 pm (times are tentative)
- Build a College List
- Find your “Fit!”
- Gain a better understanding of SCOIR (or related software)
- Take Academic & Career Assessments
- Start an Academic / Extracurricular Résumé
- Hear tips & tricks from Admissions Counselors throughout the US
- Learn how to arrange an in-person or virtual Campus Visit
- Create a Common Application Account (rising juniors & seniors)
- Complete essential components of the Common Application (rising juniors & seniors)
- … and much more!
Essay-Writing Workshop $275/student
Geared towards rising juniors and seniors
Min. 4 students | Max 15 students
August 3rd – 5th 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (times are tentative)
We will review the Common Application essay prompts, the “Why Us” essay, the “What Else” statement, along with the COVID-19 statement and UC Personal Insight questions.
Seniors: I recommend supplementing this workshop with “Camp College” and “Perfecting Your College Application” Bootcamp to be in the best possible position for application season this fall.
“Perfecting Your College Application” Boot Camp $375/student
Min. 5 students | Max 15 students
Ideal for rising juniors and seniors
Monday, August 8th – Wednesday, August 10th 9:30 am – 4 pm (times are tentative)
This is just a small portion of the activities we will cover:
- Complete the Common Application sections available after August 1st
- Create Common Application, Coalition, Cal State, and/or UC accounts
- Learn how to request Letters of Recommendation & Transcripts
- Create a calendar of important Application Tasks & Deadlines
- Organize Essay Requirements (Essay drafts not included in this session)
- … and much more!
By the end of the bootcamp, every participant will have a solid plan in place for submitting stellar college applications. This camp fills up every year.
For additional questions, please complete an inquiry form and The Good Doctor will respond.
The Good Doctor offers presentations on a variety of topics. Inquire here.